top of page

Doggie Treats

Some of our g&b peeps may or may not know much about Donata and I, other than that we love to cook and entertain. We actually have a lot in common other than a passion for food. We both used to work in the fashion industry, we both have three children, we both love strange kitchen gadgets (plastic bag drying stand prong thingy? Yes please!), we get very excited by deliveries of sprinkles, kitchen paraphernalia and random baking ingredients, aaaand we both just got puppies! Yes we did. And we both said we never would. I also never thought I’d be baking for my dog, but hey, people change right?🙃

So now that Charlie and Emmett have come bounding into our lives, we’re smitten 87% of the time. The other 13% of the time we’re pulling our hair out. If it’s not the kids, it’s the dog and vice versa. But these pups are kinda cute and everyone knows that food is the way to a man’s heart. Our boys may only be shy of 6 months old, but they do love to eat, and Emmett loves these treats. Donata’s Charlie can be expecting a little care package soon.

This is Donata's Charlie. Isn't he cute?!

These are made with peanut butter, pumpkin purée and oats, all of which may sound like an iffy combo to us, but to dogs it’s a winner. Even my husband said they weren’t all that bad but that they could use some salt 😆. (Just for the record, he knew what he was eating, I wasn’t trying to trick him!).

Emmett the pup.

For all you dog lovers out there, why not show your dog all the feels and get in the kitchen for your furry friend. These are very easy to make and if you can’t be bothered to cut them out with a cookie cutter, you can just roll out the dough and cut it into strips or squares.

🐾 🐶 Happy ba(r)king!

Ingredients (makes around 48 treats)

  • 2 cups (260 g) whole wheat flour

  • 1 cup (80 g) rolled oats

  • 1/4 cup (35 g) ground flax

  • 1/4 cup (45 g) natural, unsalted peanut butter

  • 1/4 cup (55g) pumpkin puree (I didn't use the whole can, so I froze the rest in 1/4 cup portions for future baking).

  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) water, plus more if needed. It will depend on how oily your peanut butter is.

Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Combine all the ingredients until a dough forms. If your dough isn't coming together and seems very dry, add more water, spoon by spoon until it becomes workable. You want it to be firm, not sticky. If it becomes sticky, just add a little more flour.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch (6 mm), and use a cookie cutter or cut out squares using a knife. Bake for 20 minutes for a softer (puppy friendly) cookie, or 30 minutes for a harder, more robust cookie. Cool completely before serving to your furry friend. These last up to a week in an airtight container.

40 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page